[i18n] Issue with Access keys and accented characters

Gerard Breiner gerard.breiner at ias.u-psud.fr
Wed Jul 3 09:05:44 UTC 2013

Le 3 juil. 2013 à 08:30, David Fernández Acín <david.fernandez at ehu.es> a écrit :

> We have the same problem with Spanish language and we use the same "solution" (update translation files).
>
> ----- Mensaje de Gerard Breiner <gerard.breiner at ias.u-psud.fr> ---------
> Fecha: Tue, 2 Jul 2013 16:39:38 +0200
>    De: Gerard Breiner <gerard.breiner at ias.u-psud.fr>
> Asunto: Re: [i18n] Issue with Access keys and accented characters
>  Para: Jan Schneider <jan at horde.org>
>    Cc: i18n at lists.horde.org

>>> Obviously, because it works just fine here (and probably anywhere else, since nobody reported this before).
>>> --
>>> Jan Schneider
>>> The Horde Project
>>> http://www.horde.org/
>>>
>>> --
>>
>> Okay, I'm going to look at this…  Thanks indeed Jan.
>>
>> Best regards.
>>
>> Gérard Breiner
>

> ----- Terminar mensaje de Gerard Breiner <gerard.breiner at ias.u-psud.fr> -----

> David Fernández Acin
> Sistema-analista / Analista de Sistemas
> IKT Gerenteordetza / Vicegerencia TIC
> Euskal Herriko Unibertsitatea / Universidad del País Vasco
> Tlf: +34 94 601 2137
> E-mail: david.fernandez at ehu.es

I'm very glad to read this cause I'm not alone to encounter this issue…
Nevertheless, would it be possible that this issue is really caused by a mistake in the "locales"… How to check that we have the right "locales" ?
When I run the command "locale" I get :
LANG=fr_FR.UTF-8
LANGUAGE=
LC_CTYPE="fr_FR.UTF-8"
LC_NUMERIC="fr_FR.UTF-8"
LC_TIME="fr_FR.UTF-8"
LC_COLLATE="fr_FR.UTF-8"
LC_MONETARY="fr_FR.UTF-8"
LC_MESSAGES="fr_FR.UTF-8"
LC_PAPER="fr_FR.UTF-8"
LC_NAME="fr_FR.UTF-8"
LC_ADDRESS="fr_FR.UTF-8"
LC_TELEPHONE="fr_FR.UTF-8"
LC_MEASUREMENT="fr_FR.UTF-8"
LC_IDENTIFICATION="fr_FR.UTF-8"
LC_ALL=

That seems to be correct, isn't it ?
Jan could you please give us some hints ?

Best regards.

Gérard Breiner