[i18n] missing translation .po file and doesn't apply?

김 덕곤 dgkim at dgkim.net
Wed Mar 19 06:22:36 UTC 2014

2014. 3. 16. 오후 10:52, Erling Preben Hansen 쓴 글:
>  Citat af 김 덕곤 <dgkim at dgkim.net>:
>
>> While I'm doing translation job.
>>
>> I couldn't find following.
>>
>> '''
>> Click on one of your selected address books and then select all fields
>> to search.
>> To select multiple fields, hold down the Control (PC) or Command (Mac)
>> while clicking.
>> '''
>>
>> And I have translated some string, but can't apply on runtime.
>>
>> How do I debug it?
>>
>> ex. ' Default Alarm Setting:' ..
>>
>> How can I verify that .mo contains my msgstr?
>> --
>

> Hey
> I had same problem with some strings not showing as translated.
> I found out that it is important that the mo file is generated on the
> system it is running on.
> So I ran:
> sudo horde-translate -b /path-to/module-base make -m module-name -l
> language --no-compendium
>
> On my ubuntu system it would be like this for Horde_Core.
> sudo horde-translate -b /usr/share/php/data/ make -m Horde_Core -l da
> --no-compendium
>
> Then it worked. For strings I have translated.
>
>  However I still have one or two string I can't find any where.
>
>  It is too early to say yet but I do think that perhaps it is some other
> error.
> Perhaps a typo or something I don't know and aren't sure.
> /erling
I found strange thing.

While I translating kronolith/ko/LC_MESSAGES/kronolith.po.

message 'Default Alarm Setting:' which is on file
kronolith/templates/prefs/defaultlarm.html

horde-translation and copied po, mo files to
kronolith/locale/ko/LC_MESSAGES/
(I am translating on git source)

but translation doesn't work.

so I updated defaultalarm.html file(to see difference). then translation
worked.

I think there is a relation gettext thing and .html thing

Why is that? and is it normal?