[imapproxy] Re: [imp] ImapProxy session issue

Eric Rostetter eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu
Sun Jan 12 14:28:50 PST 2003

Quoting G G Papazoglou <grp at med.uoc.gr>:

> but I really can't understand why the IMAP session is not closed even
> when the user of IMP hits 'Logout'. And of course, if someone can
> suggest a way to achieve this I would appreciate it.

Okay, you are right.  The source comments say this:

    /* instead of logging out, keep the connection open
     * and open inbox readonly
     * that way there is mess with mailbox locks
     */

and then:

    /* This is a normal exit.
     * The client will wait for the server to close the connection
     * but the server doesn't know the client is logging out.
     * So, the task is up to the parent to close the client connection.
     */

I'm not sure why it does this, but I'm sure the author or someone can
answer that.

--
Eric Rostetter
The Department of Physics