IMP2.3/login fails

Andreas Cittlau acittlau@gmx.net
Sat, 07 Oct 2000 16:02:27 +0200

Hello all,

I have tried to get CVS versions of horde/imp up and running since
yesterday evening, but to no avail.

The problem is this; after entering login/passwd I immediately get
returned to the login screen with errormsg "Login failed for some
reason. Most likely your username or password was entered incorrectly."

This is what I have checked so far;
- /horde/test.php shows that both imap and mysql are supported
- have connected to imap server with netscape mail, works.
- mysql is running several other databases, it works :)
- copy/pasted example for imap_open() function to a new php file and
loaded. works.

My conclution is that my system is working splendid.
But I am running RedHat 7.0 (apache, mysql, imap, php all from rpms),
which has gotten severe beating in every other aspect. Could I be
stamping on another RH7 bug here or is this an IMP problem?

Another quicky; where do I set username/password for connecting to
mysql, and furthermore, where do I specify that I wish to use mysql db?

--
/* Andreas - Mostly harmless - http://home.c2i.net/cittlau */