[imp] Re: addressbook functionality for IMP webmail interface?

Chris Crowley ccrowley@tulane.edu
Mon, 9 Oct 2000 15:00:29 -0500

Never enough...

I have a user interested in preserving his address book from elm into IMP.

Syntax is like:

deedrah = R***; D***= d**9@hotmail.com
larry = G***; La*** = La**e@***.com
uofa = Folks; C*** ***a =
        jon.***@***.com, c***@****.net,
        m***@****.com, **l@***.org,
        d***@m*.edu, la**e@gol.com,

So it not only indicates an individual, but also groups within the address
book.

First, can I create a comma seperated list of the simple address and import
these into the imp_addr database with ownership for the user?

----from mysql_create.sql--------------
CREATE TABLE imp_addr (
    user        varchar(120) not null,
    address     varchar(120) not null,
    nickname    varchar(255),
    fullname    varchar(255),
    primary key (user, address)
);

Second, what about the complex entries? Will IMP barf when I give it a whole
long list of email addresses? Has anyone tried to do this?

Thanks for the help!

Christopher  Crowley
System Administrator
ccrowley@tulane.edu