recommended components?

Charles Sprickman spork@inch.com
Mon, 9 Oct 2000 16:51:58 -0400 (EDT)

Hi,

I'm starting to experiment with IMP on FreeBSD for a personal project and
too learn a bit more about it for some possible projects at work.

I'm having a bit of troulbe choosing the ancillary components to get this
all working together.  My requirements are pretty basic:

-multiple domains (seems easy)
-postfix as the MTA
-no user accounts on the machine

I started looking at the "webmail how-to", and it's a nice doc, but deals
with a very old version of cyrus.  Where I'm stuck right now is what to
use to tie all the authentication and maildrop information together.  I
need a repository for login/pass/maildrop, preferably something with hooks
into it via php so I can easily make a webpage for account
maintenance.  MySQL would be nice, as I'm familiar with it and it's
interaction with PHP and postfix.  I'm stuck on cyrus though.  Most docs
seem a bit behind, and I'm just not grasping SASL.

I looked at LDAP, but I have yet to find a way to get a current version of
cyrus that can auth off of ldap, and there is no LDAP PAM module for
freebsd (which seems kind of hackish anyhow - cyrus->system->pam->ldap).

Can anyone help me see the big picture here?

Thanks,

Charles