[imp] Re: Database migration imp 2.0 -> 2.2

Brent J. Nordquist bjn@horde.org
Tue, 10 Oct 2000 07:29:59 -0500 (CDT)

On Fri, 6 Oct 2000, Brian Dragoo <bdragoo@thomasaquinas.edu> wrote:

> This brings up the inevitable question for down the road when 2.3 is fully
> ready for production:  has anyone written a mysql script for database
> schema translation so that our 2.2 users can be migrated to 2.3 without
> losing their 2.2 preferences?

Not to my knowledge.  For myself, I'd want to wait until the developers
felt that preferences had settled down enough to their final form that the
database schema, preference tag names, etc. weren't likely to change much.
But I'm sure when we get closer to 2.3 someone will need to scratch that
itch, and a script will be written.

--
Brent J. Nordquist <bjn@horde.org>