[imp] imp-2.2.3 problem

Ari Heikkinen aheikin@phaser-atm.pspt.fi
Tue, 10 Oct 2000 18:45:00 +0300 (EEST)

On Tue, 10 Oct 2000, Chuck Hagenbuch wrote:

> Quoting Ari Heikkinen <aheikin@phaser-atm.pspt.fi>:
>
> > After logging on IMP (with POP3) when I click on a mail to view it, then
> > quickly click "Back to INBOX", select another mail and do the same a few
> > times I get logged off the system (to the login screen) with message:
> >
> > "Either you have logged in incorrectly or your login has expired. Please
> > login again."
>
> Do you have logging enabled? If so, what (if anything) shows up in syslog?

Enabled logging and I get the following message to syslog when logging in
successfully:

Oct 10 18:37:22 hostname IMP[5250]: Login a.b.c.d to
xxx.yyyy.zz:110 as aheikin

...and when the "logout" I described happens the following message appears
in syslog:

Oct 10 18:37:46 hostname IMP[5253]: FAILED a.b.c.d to
xx.yyy.zz:110 as aheikin

...no other messages between them...

(I modified the hostnames and the IP to hide them)

Ari Heikkinen - PSPT <e-mail: aheikin@dlr.pspt.fi>