Locale problem

Karagewrgakhs Panagiwths pkarage@ccf.auth.gr
Wed, 11 Oct 2000 14:53:59 +0300

Hello,

in IMP version 2.2.2, there appear to be problems in the correct display
of text that uses a locale other than iso-8859-1.

I have noticed that IMP is using doctype.php3 to send the appropriate
HTTP headers to set the proper charset

(header("Content-Type: text/html; charset=iso-8859-7");)

The file determines which charset to use, depending on the variable
$language that is passed to the page. This works for some pages, but not
all, as if this variable either is not passed to the pages, or it is not
processed correctly.

For example, this happens in the newuser.php3 or even in the
mailbox.php3 page (which is the most important one). Without the proper
headers, greek text (and I also presume other languages too) is not
displayed correctly. In version 2.2.0, if the user changed the encoding
of the page manually (from the menus of his browser), the page woul be
dipsplayed ok, but with 2.2.2 even this won't work!

The same problem also exists in the help windows. The strange thing is
that even when I put the above command myself into the code, it seems as
if it is ignored.

Any solution?

Thank you

Karageorgakis Panayiotis