[imp] From: and Fullname

Michael Bull mbull@uoguelph.ca
Wed, 11 Oct 2000 10:20:35 -0400

At 02:06 PM 10/11/2000 +0200, Lorenzo Cavassa wrote:
>Hi,
>
>i like IMP but i would like to know if and how it's  possible to modify
>it to get the From-Address:, the Fullname and the Language entries from
>an LDAP directory and not from an SQL database.

Hi Lorenzo;

I did something similar to this a while back; look at the whitepapers on
the horde site about Scaling IMP - it talks about connecting to an LDAP
server to determine where to find the user's maildrop (ie, which mailserver
they are on, as for very large mail systems, that will change a fair bit as
new users and servers get added).  That code is easily changable to obtain
language, fullname, etc.     If you need a hand with it, I can answer
questions, but it was fairly straight forward.   I've changed what
direction I've gone with some of my changes so it would take awhile for me
to find where that code was... but it really wasn't difficult. :)  Hope
that helps!