[imp] Netscape Message Filters and "deleted" items displayed in IMP

Patrick Hawley hawley_p@ociweb.com
Wed, 11 Oct 2000 13:43:01 -0500

Chuck Hagenbuch wrote:

> Quoting Patrick Hawley <hawley_p@ociweb.com>:
>
> > The IMP behavior that I find more annoying than the fact that I have a
> > bunch of "deleted" messages in my Inbox is that when I select "Hide
> > Deleted", the deleted messages are still figured in to the message count
> > and in to the screens (if I have 244 messages, I have 13 screens/pages
> > of messages, 20 per screen, and when I click "Hide Messages", the
> > screens don't repaginate, i.e. if I have 18 "deleted" messages and 2
> > undeleted messages in screen 3 of my Inbox and I choose "Hide Deleted",
> > I still have the same number of screens/pages, but now screen 3 shows
> > just 2 messages while the count in the top-right corner reads "1 - 20 of
> > 244 Messages".
>
> This is a known issue with the hide-deleted code. It won't be resolved in
> 2.2, as it's rather tricky. Hopefully we can figure out a way to do it
> cleanly for 2.3, though.

Assuming that this explains the the fact that they messages are still
part of the count while Hide Deleted is activated, do you know if the
other behavior (the messages showing up in the Inbox as deleted after
they're moved) is "normal" or if it's "a Netscape thing"?

Thanks for the info,
Patrick