[imp] a "vacation" front end for IMP

Patrick Hawley hawley_p@ociweb.com
Thu, 12 Oct 2000 13:25:22 -0500

Chuck Hagenbuch wrote:

> Quoting Christophe Conduche - DA <cconduche@apm-online.fr>:
>
> > Tested with vacation-1.2.2-0.i386.rpm (and vacation-1.2.2-0.src.rpm)
> > That works fine except for a "PROBLEM" : i need to write files in users
> > home directory.
> > for that I use fopen("ftp://user:password@server/userhomedir/afile",
> > "w")
> > this works only if the file doesn't exist. i solved that with a little
> > patch on php4 : i removed the test that forbid to overwrite a file while
> >
> > doing a ftp put. (it' is fopen-wrapper.c)
> > if someone has a better idea (how to write a file in a user homedir with
> >
> > the correct file permission?) i will consider it
>
> What about using php's built-in ftp functions?

What about us folks that use IMP as an interface to the Cyrus IMAP
server, with which there are no system accounts and therefore no
homedirs.

Actually, I was thinking of incorporating Dietmar Rieder's
php-mailsettings program ( ftp://ftp.hr.vc-graz.ac.at/cyrus-tools/ ) in
to my IMP installation, though honestly, php-mailsettings lacks the
option to use homedirs, so either way, yr lacking...unless one of the
two were hacked to be multi-purpose.

Patrick