[imp] Prerequisites for horde and imp head

Rich Lafferty rich@horde.org
Fri, 13 Oct 2000 16:03:23 -0400

On Fri, Oct 13, 2000 at 08:51:14PM -0100, david@abbishaw.com (david@abbishaw.com) wrote:
> I agree,  but many people can't use Linux to host such applications,
> for many reasons,  one of which because theve not used it in anger,  and
> they dont want to work at it for 2 months to get imp working.
>
> So a full blown install, (maybe even a customised redhat(or simular) iso
> image that does everything for them) would be a great bonus to imp.

I tried working on this once; it's really not possible. It means
bundling up a couple dozen applications with all different licenses
and dependencies and you have to start making assumptions *somewhere*.

IMP shouldn't be difficult to install, though -- it's just long. If
you can install a single software package, then you can install
ten. If a package refuses to build on your system, it'll refuse to
work after it's built too, since you're still missing whatever was
missing when you tried to build it.

> Also a working windows version would increase its popularity.

Are you offering to work on one? I haven't really seen a demand for
this at all.

  -Rich

 Sysadmin/Programmer, Instructional and Information Technology Services