[imp] problems with single quotes

mkb mkb@ele.uri.edu
Mon, 16 Oct 2000 11:32:56 -0400

>Sounds like you have a database problem? What database are you using? Did
>you run the proper script to set up that database?

I used the oracle_create script that was just committed.

Here's the error:

Warning: OCIParse: ORA-01756: quoted string not properly terminated
in ./lib/db.oci8 on line 280

My guess is that has different escape sequences for quotes and such.

I've checked the SQL statements that are sent to the database, and
it's definitely that the quotes are prematurely ending the SQL
statement ie:

INSERT into imp_pref(username,sig) values('mkb@bar','Matt Kane's Brain');

There is no greater lust than the      mkb@ele.uri.edu
urge to open up another's skull and    ICQ:24596085 AIM:pr0j2501
passionately kiss their brain.         http://www.ele.uri.edu/~mkb
                                        Matt Kane's Brain