hey again...

John P . Looney valen@tuatha.org
Wed, 18 Oct 2000 10:54:08 +0100

 Hi, I used to be on the list, and haven't for ages (work got busy, and I
wasn't doing any imp work).

 Anyway, I've recent done some work with IMP to add filtering & mailing
list support for users. It's simple stuff, and you can check out a mockup
from (only the filters/folders/prefs pages work, and they are static
captures of dynamic HTML). Unfortunately, it's heavily reliant on
javascript.

    http://www.redbrick.dcu.ie/~valen/mockup/

 I've since split the mailing lists and filtering from the main prefs page
(so down the side, you have

    Inbox
    Compose
    Contacts
    Folders
    Preferences
    Mail lists
    Filters

    Logout

 It makes it a lot simpler. The work was done off a 2.2.0pre7 version
(because there are other changes done back in feb that took a lot of
work).

 I was wondering, is there any point me doing a "proper" version, i.e.
taking out locale strings, and making the templates neater, and adding it
to the newer versions of IMP ? The back end relies on qmail/ezmlm
unfortunatly, though once the frontend would be made availible, I'm sure
someone could do majordomo/postfix/sendmail backend work too. What think
ye ? If anyone wants more info, or maybe they want to voice support for a
"proper version" do tell. I know that there are problems having complete
IMP support for mailing lists & filters because they are backend specific,
but you have to start somewhere....

Kate

--
The words of the unwary are apt to cause needless pain and bloody violence.
                                                        - Zen Master Greg