User authentication failure during load

Dave Wilson davew@sai.co.za
Wed, 18 Oct 2000 18:38:03 +0200

Hi guys, howzit going ?

I have the following installed:
imp-2.2.3
horde-1.2.3
mysql-3.22.32
php-4.0.3pl1
apache_1.3.12

Everything works brilliantly except that when the server gets busy ie. 50
clients I got logon failures when logging into Imp. ie. I get the message:
"Your sessions has expired or you have logged in incorrectly........." when
trying to login.
It seems that imapd has something to do with it because I pick up:

[imapd] user ??? localhost password ??? LOGON FAILURE in my syslog

I have tried pop3 but after a while I get the same problems.
I have found that doing a killall -HUP inetd restores the system so that
everyone can log in again...
I had the same problem running php-3.016, imp-2.0.11 and horde-1.0.11 that
is why I reinstalled everything to the versions mentioned at the top.

Somthing else that I picked up after enabling php logging via syslog is:
 httpd: PHP Warning:  Unable to load dynamic library './imap.so' -
./imap.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory in
Unknown on line 0
Oct 18 17:07:55 mail httpd: PHP Warning:  Unable to load dynamic library
'./mysql.so' - ./mysql.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or
directory in Unknown on line 0

Please help if you can.
Thanks. ;-)

Regards
Dave Wilson
The S.A. Internet
(033) 3456777
0825496159
http://www.sai.co.za
"Who is "General Failure", and what is he doing reading my hard disk ?"