view message problems

Eric Balsa ericb@sco.com
Wed, 18 Oct 2000 13:36:43 -0700

Hello All,

  I have recently installed Horde + IMP. What I am now encountering is
that I am able to sucessfully login to IMP and see my message headers
(read/unread, date, from, etc,.). However, when I click on a message, I
am again presented with a login box. Furthermore, If I choose compose
from the left-hand frame, I am presented with a new browser window,
which then immediately closes. Nothing seems to be working, yet for same
reason, the imap connection is retrieving messages. If I watch the
syslog, it seems as if an sucessful imap connection is established.
Could someone please shed some light onto possible causes.

A couple things to note.
1. /etc/services lists imap2 on port 143. I saw some past discussion
that this may be bad. Is this the case?

2. impad is the latest (stable) from UW it returns:
* OK crash.sysdump.com IMAP4rev1 v12.264 server ready

Thanks again for any help,
--ericb