[imp] MySQL session limits.

Chris Crowley ccrowley@tulane.edu
Thu, 19 Oct 2000 09:09:58 -0500

----- Original Message -----
From: "Patrick Boutilier" <boutilpj@ednet.ns.ca>

"Patrick Boutilier" wrote:
> We have that problem running on a Dell 2300 (PII450 w/512 Meg RAM) as
well. We
> are using Linux kernel 2.2.18pre11 and it hasn't happenned as much lately.
What
> OS are you using?

Linux 2.2.14-5.0. Is an upgrade suggested? I may first set up another
machine as the DB server, and see if that alleviates the problem.

> What version of MySql?

mysql  Ver 9.38 Distrib 3.22.32, for pc-linux-gnu (i686)

> The table doesn't get cleared when mysqld restarts. However I have noticed
that
> when a user logs out their session record does not get deleted from the
active
> sessions table. Is this normal behaviour?

Maybe I am jumping on a misnomer of the table. I guess the real issue here
is, "when does the size of  the active_sessions table adversely affect
system performance?"  I think  I should know this before I try a hardware
solution to this problem.

Chris