[imp] logs

Rich Lafferty rich@horde.org
Sat, 21 Oct 2000 20:44:21 -0400

On Sat, Oct 21, 2000 at 08:11:12PM +0200, Jan Johansson (j2@mupp.net) wrote:
> > Does IMP have a file where he keeps all the logs of the people who tried
> > login and does who failed?
>
> Nope, thats the job of the IMAP server (which always has this option).

Er, yes it does. It logs to syslog -- the related settings in
horde/imp/config/defaults.php3 are

  // Should we log statistics using syslog?
  $default->log_stats = false;

  // If so, what log facility should we send the messages to?
  $default->log_stats_facil = LOG_LOCAL4;

  // What priority should be used?
  $default->log_prio = LOG_NOTICE;

  // What identifier should we send?
  $default->log_ident = 'IMP';

  // Should we log logins (and login failures)?
  $default->log_auth = true;

  // If so, what facility should we log them on?
  $default->log_auth_facil = LOG_AUTH;

  -Rich

 Sysadmin/Programmer, Instructional and Information Technology Services