Internet Explorer and SSL with IMP

Jeff Greenfield jgreen@calvin.edu
Fri, 27 Oct 2000 16:53:38 -0400

I get the following error when trying to access some of the IMP pages
with SSL using Internet Explorer: "This page contains both secure and
insecure items.  Do you want to display the insecure items?".  It seems
to only happen when I click on a link that opens up a new window using a
Javascript snippit (such as the Compose or Contacts button).  This
problem does not exist in Netscape.
Here's what I'm running:
Redhat 6.2, Apache 1.3.12, imap 4.7c2, php 4.0.2, openssl 0.9.6,
mod_ssl 2.6.6, openldap 1.2.11, horde 1.2.3, imp 1.2.3, and a
self-signed certificate (so I get the "warning" that the certificate
isn't valid when I first hit the page - I'm just testing this out right
now...)
Any thoughts?

Jeff Greenfield <jgreen@calvin.edu>
Calvin College Information Technologies
Systems Engineer / Webmaster / Postmaster