Setting LDAP server port

Richard poboxcanada@yahoo.com
Sun, 29 Oct 2000 16:16:58 -0800 (PST)

I'm trying to set up the contacts in IMP to talk to
our university LDAP server, but am having a bit of a
problem.  The error I get back is "Couldn't establish
connection to LDAP Server."  Looking at the code, I
see that 'ldap_connect' is failing in
/horde/imp/ldap.search.php3.  I highly suspect that
this is because our LDAP server does not use the
standard 389 port, but rather it uses 1389.

I've scouted around to find out where I can set this
value, to no avail.  The obvious (?) place was in
/horde/imp/config/ldap.php3 where I have created a new
LDAPServer object, but I see that this object does not
have a data item for setting the port.  I tried
appending the server name with ":1389", but that
didn't work either.

Any pointers here would be appreciated.

Currently, our university offers EMU's WebMail program
to the university community as a web-based mail
system.  However, our department members don't have a
very high opinion of EMU's WebMail, and neither do I.
Looking for an alternative, I recently installed IMP
on a linux box and am having a couple of department
members try it out.  So far, they are very happy with
the product.  If the test-drive goes well, we will
IMPlement (couldn't resist!) it on a production
server.  Regardless of what happens, a big THANKS to
everyone who has contributed to this product and for
posting planet-wide!

Cheers
Richard Blackwell
Programmer/Analyst