[imp] viewing jgp's

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck@horde.org
Wed, 1 Nov 2000 12:54:59 -0500

Quoting Scott Martin <martin@math.ohiou.edu>:

> I am using Imp-2.3-dev. I was just viewing a message and it had a .jpg file
> attached to it, but there was no link available to view it. I assume this is
> because it was coded "application/octet-stream". Is there something I need
> to add or change in mime.php to make this viewable?

... You need to educate the people who send you attachments.
application/octet-stream is a generic catch-all type, and we can't claim to
know how to display it, because it could be anything.

The attachment code is something I want to take a sweep through at some
point, but if 2.3 progresses quickly, it won't make it in. We could
theoretically do things like guess mimetypes based on file extentions (in
the case of something being application/octet-stream, for instance), and
there are a lot of improvements I want to make to the sending attachments
screen. But, like I said, it may have to wait.

-chuck

--
...and remember: elmo is _not_ an insertion toy.