[imp] Message Filters

E J B security@sysdump.com
Thu, 02 Nov 2000 15:18:43 -0800 (PST)

Well, maybe I didn't explain my intent well enough... I'll try again.

When I spoke of message filters, I didn't mean filtering for spam, etc using the
MTA, but rather the same functionality that netscape users get using netscape
mail. Under the Edit-> Message Filters, there is a way to, depending on the
subject, to, cc or from lines, determine to which folder the mail is
automatically moved.

For example, I have a filter on my inbox that says "if a message subject line
has [imp] in it, move it to a folder called IMP". This way, the INBOX is not
cluttered, and the mail is organized logically.

I believe (I could be wrong) that the mail is first put in the users inbox, and
is subsequentally moved depending on the filter rule. I don't know enough about
how IMAP works to say for certain.

Hope this helps clarify my thoughts,
--eric