[imp] Message Filters

Rich Lafferty rich@horde.org
Thu, 2 Nov 2000 19:00:54 -0500

On Thu, Nov 02, 2000 at 03:18:43PM -0800, E J B (security@sysdump.com) wrote:

> Well, maybe I didn't explain my intent well enough... I'll try again.
>
> When I spoke of message filters, I didn't mean filtering for spam, etc using the
> MTA, but rather the same functionality that netscape users get using netscape
> mail.

You mean the same functionality they get with procmail, or qmail
filters, or exim filters, or Mail::Audit. It's all on the server side.

*Please* check the mail archives. This has been discussed dozens of
times, there are lots of reasons why doing this in IMP is very
difficult and doing it on the server is very easy, and some people
have done or are doing Horde-based interfaces for mail filtering.

  -Rich

 Sysadmin/Programmer, Instructional and Information Technology Services