[imp] window resizing

Alain Fauconnet alain@cscoms.net
Fri, 03 Nov 2000 09:07:47 +0700 (ICT)

> Quoting Alain Fauconnet <alain@cscoms.net>:
>
> > I have one more question anyway: Netscape clearly doesn't
> provide all
> > the form parameters when reloading the main windows. OK. Booo
> > Netscape. But what's the point having a session ID if IMP
> can't find the
> > context back using this ID (which is returned by Netscape in
> the
> > cookie)?
>
> We can. But most of the frames do some kind of authentication,
> so if one of
> those fails - boom, you're logged out.

OK, thanks for the information. Now considering that migrating to 2.3
isn't an option yet and that I told most of my users that IE is evil and
they should use NS... I probably do need to find a fix/workaround to
this.

Following the general tonality of this list, if we consider that IE is
too buggy to deal with its bugs in IMP, if we rule out NS as well, and
since Lynx isn't supported, there aren't that many browsers left that
will make IMP happy :-)

Would you please give me some hints to start with:

1) following my analysis of the problem: NS not providing form data back
and IMP starting a nested POP session, would you think that this is a
bug (so presumably fixable by tracing the code and finding out where it
fails) or that this would require a real rework of the logic in
mailbox.php3 ?

2) if this is a bug, would you have any ideas of things I should start
tracing, which areas of the code ?

3) if the code needs a rework, would you draft in a couple of sentences
how you would imagine the new logic should look like ?

Thanks in advance,
_Alain_
--
Alain FAUCONNET