[imp] window resizing

Alain Fauconnet alain@cscoms.net
Fri, 3 Nov 2000 14:53:44 +0700

On Thu, Nov 02, 2000 at 10:28:22PM -0500, Chuck Hagenbuch wrote:

> Uh... what IE problems do you have with the latest 2.2 releases?

Well, actually, I can't get any *precise*  feedback  from  the  users,
so for now I can't elaborate yet. More when I get real info.

Anyway, reading this list, I was left with the impression that quite a
few problems had been tracked down to be  bugs  in  IE  for  which  no
workaround in IMP would be considered, but if I'm misled, sorry.  Must
be old outdated info. Time flies.

> > 1) following my analysis of the problem: NS not providing form data back
> > and IMP starting a nested POP session, would you think that this is a
> > bug (so presumably fixable by tracing the code and finding out where it
> > fails) or that this would require a real rework of the logic in
> > mailbox.php3 ?
>
>  I  think  you're misunderstanding things a bit. NS is providing the
>data.

Well it's not. Unless it's not supposed  to ?  See  my  former  mails.
Obviously  it's  not  sending  back  the  form data when reloading the
frame.  I  only vaguely suspected that this could be the source of the
problem, but Rich seemed positive that is was! So I am confused now...

> But POP
> sessions are not persistent - there's no way they can be. Each frame that needs
> a session is starting one when it loads up. If those frames load at the same
> time, then you have overlap, authentication fails somewhere, and IMP logs you
> out.

Er... do you mean that both the top and left frames each also  open  a
POP session when reloaded ? I see that for the top frame  indeed,  but
not for the left one.

> > 3) if the code needs a rework, would you draft in a couple of sentences
> > how you would imagine the new logic should look like ?
>
> The best thing you can do (given that you can't move to a pop server that
> doesn't break in this way)

Honestly, I wouldn't consider qpopper as broken on this.
A second session should not be allowed when there's one  active,
sould it ?
BTW I've just done a quick test with UW ipop3d and it behaves the same
way. Second session fails: "-ERR Can't get lock.  Mailbox in use".

> is to get rid of as many frames as possible. Thus,
> 2.3.

Not an option for now I'm afraid (large production server).

Cheers,
_Alain_