[imp] errors when attempting to send

Max Kalika max@the-triumvirate.net
Fri, 03 Nov 2000 22:26:38 -0800 (PST)

Quoting RangerFox <rangerfox@rangerfox.net>:

> I don't have those lines in my conf for imp... I have
>
> conf['utils'] = array();
> $conf['utils']['sendmail'] = '/usr/sbin/sendmail';

Right, Chuck moved to the Mail:: PEAR class.  Look in conf.php.dist for an
example.  $conf['utils']['sendmail'] was removed in favor of $conf['mailer']
settings.  Also look in Mail/sendmail.php for further explanation of the Mail::
classes.  In any case add these directives to your conf.php file:

$conf['mailer']['type'] = 'sendmail';
$conf['mailer']['params'] = array();
$conf['mailer']['params']['sendmail_path'] = '/usr/sbin/sendmail';

Though I noticed that the sendmail driver will use /usr/sbin/sendmail if you
don't tell it where sendmail is so you won't need that third line.  But you do
have to make sure you specify to use the sendmail driver.

--mk23