[imp] 3 things

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck@horde.org
Mon, 06 Nov 2000 14:31:24 -0500 (EST)

Quoting "Keith A. Chayer" <kchayer@bbcnet.edu>:

> 1. Setting the focus in the username field of IMP 2.3 now commits one of the
> most unpardonable indescretions of web sites: if I tell my browser to load
> IMP, and then open a new browser to do something else before I'm ready to
> login and read my mail, it now jumps to the front (at least under
> Netscape/Windoze). I HATE THAT!  Hotmail and Yahoo mail both do that (that I
> use) and I always appreciated knowing IMP wasn't going to do that to me--and
> it's not so hard to click my mouse or tab to the username field.

Hrm. I'll take opinions here. I like the behavior; it's more like a real
application; it "feels" better to me. But if it really annoys a lot of people,
we can change it, or maybe try and find a way to do it only if we have focus in
that window?

> 2. Is there a way to disable the compression setting if there is an error in
> a page/script/database connection/etc that PHP reports?  I find that if there
> is anything amiss, PHP will report the error, give the standard "Cannot add
> any more header information...", and then the rest of the page is unreadable
> compressed information.  I don't know that the specific error matters, but I
> can mention a few if you want.

Well, there _shouldn't_ be any such errors, so mentioning them would probably be
good, yeah...

> 3. This is simple, but was there an interface change I missed that kept the
> entire page background white?  I know Chuck was toying around with different
> color schemes awhile back, but it seems to have been left without
> distinguishing the mailbox list or the message itself.  I imagine I can change
> this setting in config/html.php ?

Sounds like your stylesheets are broken.

-chuck

--
Charles Hagenbuch, <chuck@horde.org>
"If you can't stand the heat, get out of the chicken!" - Baby Blues