IMP 2.2 Questions

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck@horde.org
Wed, 08 Nov 2000 15:05:00 -0500 (EST)

Quoting Chris Delaney <delaneyc@royaloakschools.com>:

>    You seem to be the best person to ask and get a good answer from.
> I have looked all over the horde/IMP site and can not seem to find
> answers to these questions.
>
>    I did not want to bother the listserv, since most of the chatter
> is about the new beta version of IMP.

Please, please, please, _always_ keep questions on the listserver. It lets other
knowledgeable people answer, it gives you faster and more answers, and it gets
the answers in the list archives for future people.

> >  We customized the interface to "dumb" it down for your users, will
> IMP version 2.2 look much diffrent from 2.0 ?   The reason I ask is
> our users (Teachers and Admin's) are VERY resistent to any change...

2.2 looks very similar to 2.0. 2.3 is a vastly different look.

> >  In IMP 2.0 we have a problem when adding many address in the
> address: field in the contacts window, the button and the drop down
> bar go's off the screen...  making it impossible to use.  Has this
> been fixed?

2.2 disallows groups like this in the contacts, since it simply wasn't designed
to handle it. I don't know if you consider this "fixed", but it prevents the
problem. 2.3 will use Turba for a contact manager, which will solve this.

> >  Is there any plans to have a better spell checker?  I call the
> current one, the "teacher" spell checker, but they really don't think
> it's funny.

2.3 has a much-improved spell checker.

> >  Is there any way to include an option for a vacation message field
> in the Preferences?

No; see many recent messages; this doesn't belong in IMP, though some people
have contributed code (again, see recent list messages) to do this.

> Also, FYI:  the folder select box kinda "hides" in the new Netscape
> ver. 6...  but I'm hoping that is a netscape problem.

Uh, details? That's not a very helpful problem report...

-chuck

--
Charles Hagenbuch, <chuck@horde.org>
"If you can't stand the heat, get out of the chicken!" - Baby Blues