Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in /usr/local/apache/php/page.inc on line 68

Darron Froese darron@froese.org
Wed, 08 Nov 2000 17:50:26 -0700

> Hi, occasionally when I tried to access IMP via
> http://myserver.com/horde/imp/index.php3, I got this error message:
>
> Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in
> /usr/local/apache/php/page.inc on line 68
>
> Refreshing page does not help. But if I just restart my IE, the error
> disappears and everything works perfectly.
>
> Does anybody have any idea why this is happening?

Sun,

I didn't see a resolution to this issue posted to the list so I thought I'd
respond.

The reason that this is probably happening (at least the reason it was
happening to me) is because you have a session cookie (a cookie that's not
written to disk and stored) with the name of "user" being set in your
browser from some other web application on your server.

This happened to me today and that was the final resolution - I had set a
cookie on my browser (just working with a cookie class for a different
website) and all of a sudden IMP didn't work at all.

Once I removed that cookie from my browser all was well. I'm now not using a
cookie with the name of "user". ;-)

Maybe instead of looking for $user - you could have it look for
$impcookieuser or something a little less likely to be already used by a
cookie on the same server.

OR

You could just comment out those lines (like Chuck suggested earlier) and
work around it that way.

Hope that explained it at all - it confused me for a little while and made
me mad enough to actually sit down and figure it out.
--
Darron
darron@froese.org