remote_login.php3

puzzle@glink.net.hk puzzle@glink.net.hk
Fri, 10 Nov 2000 11:30:28 +0800 (HKT)

Hi all,

I am trying to call the remote_login.php3 from other page.
We have a page for user login, let say PageA.  One service
on PageA is to check email.  We make a link and once users
click on it, it directs user to the inbox page of IMP.

We use set cookies to 'pass' username and password to
remote_login.php3.  And the password is encrypted.  The
flow is like:

- get the username and password (on PageA)
- encrypt the password
- set cookies with 'imapuser' and 'encrypted_pass'
- header("Location: http://our.domain/horde/imp/remote_login.php3");

In the remote_login.php3, we add some code on the top:
- decrypt the password:
  $pass = our_decrypt_func($encrypted_pass)

It works but with a problem.  If the user click logout
on IMP, and immediately click the button on PageA again, we
see that he logs in IMP and then logout by IMP in one second.

What's the problem?  We check the apache referal log and found
that for the second login to IMP through remote_login.php3,
it immediately call login.php3?reason=logout.

Thank you.

Best regards,
Chan S.L.