[imp] Invalid SQL: DELETE FROM active_sessions....

Mark Robson robsonm@salve.edu
Mon, 13 Nov 2000 18:56:43 -0500 (EST)

Lynn,

We're using MySQL version 3.22.25 on our RedHat 6.0 webmail server with Imp
2.2.1. We see this error about once every 2-3 months but we've found out what
was causing it on our system. The tables in the horde database
(active_sessions, imp_pref, etc..) are created as ISAM files. On an active
system where thousands of records are regularly being added and deleted the
index file somehow gets corrupted.

There are MySQL utilities that can repair the index file, but since
active_sessions is a "temporary" table anyway, we've found it simpler and
faster to create a script that drops the table and recreates it.

I guess that if I upgraded to a newer version of MySQL I possibly wouldn't have
this problem (I think they have a new file structure now).

I hope this helps some.

Mark Robson
Salve Regina University
Newport, RI