[imp] Good Adminstration suggestions.

Chris Crowley ccrowley@tulane.edu
Thu, 16 Nov 2000 15:16:22 -0600

I am interested in suggestions for how to keep my IMP mailer shining bright
and running like new.

I encountered a problem when I migrated from our old server to our new one.
The imp_addr database was corrupted. After the migration, I spent about one
hour isamchk'ing the imp_addr database. Finally I was able to dump all the
records, and import them into the new server. (The users would not have been
happy if I lost their address books.)

So, the question is, what measures do you take on a nightly basis?

Empty the active_sessions table @ 4am?
Make a backup of the imp_addr and imp_pref databases? How? Select into
outfile...
Do you perform regular isamchk's?

Thanks for the info.

Chris Crowley