[imp] question??

Rich Lafferty rich@horde.org
Fri, 17 Nov 2000 13:59:32 -0500

On Fri, Nov 17, 2000 at 09:40:03AM -0800, Dan Kappus (danka@squaretrade.com) wrote:
> I'm fairly new with imp, but I'm already confused.
>
> How do I set up things a bit? I got a debianized package,
> and certain defaults were set wrong.

Well, start with horde/imp/docs/INSTALL. Then look at all the files in
horde/imp/config/; they should mostly be readable to someone that
doesn't know PHP. The important bits are in defaults.php3.

> Where do I change:

Assuming you're using IMP 2.2 --

> --the local hostname (so the outgoing mail fills out
> user@myhost.company.com instead of "user@localhost")

$default->from_server in defaults.php3.

> --IMAP is on port 143. I need it to default to this
> when it comes up (uninformed users)

Erm, that *is* the default, and that's also the normal port to see
IMAP on.

> I looked through the PHP, but it's actually not very
> simple PHP. It's all object oriented with complex data
> structures. Totally over my head.

The configuration files are just a bunch of assignment statements..

  -Rich

 Sysadmin/Programmer, Instructional and Information Technology Services