[imp] A question concerning encoding problem (language)

Guy Naor guy@goldminesw.co.il
Wed, 22 Nov 2000 00:28:29 +0200

Hi Edo,

  >>  I'm administrating the IMP in my work place.
  >>  I'm using IMP in Internet Explorer with Hebrew.
  >>  I'm changing the Encoding to Hebrew (from the VIEW menu) BUT, each time
  >>  I'm moving into a different screen (compose, reply, forward, etc) the encoding
  >>  changes to something different.
  >>  How can I define a specific and constant encoding for all screens ?

You need to make sure that each page and frame has the following line in the header:

<META HTTP-EQUIV="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=windows-1255">

If you're using visual Hebrew (this one is for logical) you need to put iso-8859-8 instead of windows-1255 (you could also put iso-8859-8-i instead of windows-1255 for logical).

Guy.