[imp] A question concerning encoding problem (language)

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck@horde.org
Wed, 22 Nov 2000 16:09:43 -0500

Quoting Edo Nagid <enagid@psy.haifa.ac.il>:

> Hello IMP,

Hello, fellow partially digested fish.

(Apologies if you haven't seen the relevant discovery.com commercial; this is
NOT a personal statement about anyone except myself <g>)

> I'm administrating the IMP in my work place.
> I'm using IMP in Internet Explorer with Hebrew.
> I'm changing the Encoding to Hebrew (from the VIEW menu) BUT, each time I'm
> moving into a different screen (compose, reply, forward, etc) the encoding
> changes to something different.
> How can I define a specific and constant encoding for all screens ?

Well, you didn't say what version you're using, but assuming it's a recent 2.2,
you'll need to edit imp/config/lang.php3 to add a language for Hebrew
(optional), and to change the character encoding. IMP sends a charset header
with every page, which is probably why your settings (which are made to the
browser, not anything in IMP) aren't taking.

-chuck

--
Charles Hagenbuch, <chuck@horde.org>
"If you can't stand the heat, get out of the chicken!" - Baby