[imp] Limit users that can use IMP

Dan Ellis danellis@rushmore.com
Mon, 27 Nov 2000 13:31:27 -0700 (MST)

How about having IMP check a flat text file before actually proceding with the
login?  I assume you are saying only some of your IMAP users to use the
webbased, the rest must use some other client.  I haven't checked the IMP code,
but it should look something like...

(before)
User enters login
IMP tries to login

(after)
User enters login
PHP checks $user against a flat file
if ok, then continue
else dump back to login screen with a bad status code
Imp Tries to login

Sounds like it might be a useful feature in IMP 2.3...  Creating a table within
the database that verifies a user is eligible to use IMP.  Maybe like a DENY ALL
BUT...  or an ALLOW ALL BUT..

Any feedback?

Dan Ellis