[imp] moving IMP to a different server

Hanser, Kevin kevin@ShopsForMe.com
Mon, 27 Nov 2000 17:50:23 -0500

following up... I wrote a test script to login to the database as the
hordemgr, and pull some data from the imp_pref table.  My test script works
great... so I'm even more stumped on what's going on with IMP now... :(

Kevin

-----Original Message-----
From: Hanser, Kevin [mailto:kevin@ShopsForMe.com]
Sent: Monday, November 27, 2000 5:10 PM
To: 'imp@lists.horde.org'
Subject: [imp] moving IMP to a different server

I am trying to move my (test) IMP installation from the current webserver
that it's on, to the server that is running my database.  I have copied
everything over, got PHP working w/apache and pulling info from the
database.  I wrote a test script to pull some information to make sure the
connection would work.  However, imp isn't working yet.  I've changed the
server names in every place I can find, but I still get errors.  I'm running
w/Oracle 8i.  I know there are other people here running w/oracle (a few at
least).  I keep getting a "oracle not available" message... if I run off the
old server, it works fine (accessing same database).  If I run IMP from the
webserver on the oracle box, I get errors.

exact error is:
Warning: Oracle: Connection Failed: ORA-01034: ORACLE not available in
/usr/local/apache/virtual-hosts/webmail.shopsforme.com/horde/imp/lib/db.orac
le on line 314

What config settings do I need to check...?

Kevin Hanser
System Administrator
ShopsForMe.com
kevin@shopsforme.com