[imp] Authentication against MySQL Database

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck@horde.org
Thu, 7 Dec 2000 22:53:04 -0500

Quoting "Evans, Tim" <Tim_Evans@troweprice.com>:

> Or, if IMP folks have already done this sort of thing with some other
> means, I'd like to hear about that, too.  Best of all possible
> worlds would be a single login to both the portal site and IMP.

It would be useful to know which version of IMP you are using. As other people
have said, getting IMP to auth against the mysql db is just a matter of having
Cyrus do the same, which is done through PAM. Sharing the login is quite
possible if the IMP you are using is recent: if you have imp/remote_login.php3,
read the source for it and you should see how you can use it to set up an IMP
session. Just check for an existing portal login there, and assuming you can get
a user's password from somewhere, set up the session, and you're set.

If you add a similar piece to your portal login code to check for IMP sessions,
you can make it go both ways.

-chuck

--
Charles Hagenbuch, <chuck@horde.org>
"If you can't stand the heat, get out of the chicken!" - Baby Blues