[imp] Segmentation faults

Rick Stevens rstevens@publichost.com
Thu, 07 Dec 2000 15:47:12 -0800

Jan Kuipers wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm suffering from segmentations faults (11). Any ideas what's causing this?
> Running: Apache_1.3.14, Mod_ssl-2.7.1, OpenSSL-0.9.6, PHP-4.0.3pl1, imap-2000,
> Openldap-1.2.9-6, PostgreSQL-6.5.3

Do you know what's causing the segfault?  If you don't compile
everything (apache, OpenSSL, PHP, imap, OpenLDAP and Postgres)
with "-g", and when it dies again, find the core file:

	find / -name core -print

Change directory into the directory with the core file and run

	gdb -c core

It'll tell you WHAT died and WHERE it died.  You can then trace
down the offending portion of the source code. (even easier if
you have xxgdb set up).

Once you've sorted it out, you can either recompile without the "-g"
or run strip on the binary image.

- Rick Stevens, CTO, PublicHost, Inc.        rstevens@publichost.com -
- 949-743-2010 (Voice)                     http://www.publichost.com -
-        "More hay, Trigger?" "No thanks, Roy, I'm stuffed!"         -