[imp] Authentication against MySQL Database

Adi Sieker adi-ml@living-source.com
Fri, 08 Dec 2000 10:57:28 +0100

On Thu, 07 Dec 2000 19:32:13 -0700, Darron Froese <darron@froese.org>
wrote:

>It sure is - get the pam_mysql module from Sourceforge and you're all =
set.
>Then compile Cyrus/SASL with PAM support. Then you set your imap server =
>authenticate against your mysql db and that's all you need.

Why do that with pam_mysql?
I just installed a box with
cyrus, imp, mysql,apache current stable versions.
All you the need todo is setup cyrus to use sasl.
Then add the file Cyrus.conf in /usr/local/lib/sasl/
Where Cyrus.conf looks like this:

pwcheck_method: mysql
mysql_user: <name>
mysql_passwd: <pasword>
mysql_host: localhost
mysql_database: <dbname>
mysql_table: <tablename>
mysql_uidcol: <uidcolumn>
mysql_pwdcol: <passwordcolum>
The password column expects a plaintext password.

You will still have to create the users mailboxes with cyradm.

Tschau
   Adi
P.S.: The my<sql user has to have a password otherwise sasl segfaults.