[imp] user "nobody"

Rich Lafferty rich@horde.org
Mon, 11 Dec 2000 21:13:59 -0500

On Mon, Dec 11, 2000 at 06:56:23PM -0700, intellinet IMAP (beau@intellinetinc.com) wrote:
> OK I might be asking stupid questions since I'm not exactly an expert here
> but whatever.  When I call sendmail from the prompt what command is used to
> actually send the message?  After entering
>    sendmail -fbeau@intellinetinc.com -- recipient@ddress I can enter text to
> be sent as the email message right?  Well how do I exit sendmail from there
> and send whatever text I've entered?

A single "." alone on a line. If you use the '-i' option as well,
then control-D alone on a line.

> Also you mentioned running apache chrooted, what does that mean exactly?
> And how do I do it?

It means running apache in a chroot(8) jail so that even if someone
manages to break in through the webserver, they can't* affect the rest
of the box. Read the manual page for chroot(8); maybe there's
something out on the Web as well, but it's really a little more
complex for me to explain right now. That sort of thing might be best
pointed towards an Apache or sysadmin list.

  -Rich

* For certain values of "can't".

 Sysadmin/Programmer, Instructional and Information Technology Services