[imp] Outgoing mail

Rick Stevens rstevens@publichost.com
Wed, 13 Dec 2000 10:02:34 -0800

Lars Hecking wrote:

> Federico E. Petronio writes:
>
>>     Hi. I am trying an Antivirus suit for Linux which replace the sendmail
>> for other command that checks for viruses. The problem I found is that the
>> check is done only for mails coming to sendmail by the port 25, not for
>> those send using the sendmail command itself ( from the command line ). And
>

>  Very obviously not an IMP problem, but of that particular AV suite.
>

>> as far as I now this is the way IMP woks.
>>
>>     Is there any way to make IMP use sendmail in other way, for example
>> force it to use localhost:25 instead of "/usr/sbin/sendmail"  as figures in
>> default.php3 ?

As far as I know, IMP does not implement the SMTP protocol needed to
"connect to port 25".  Passing stuff on the command line to sendmail
does NOT invoke the SMTP protocol (this is also why adding stuff to
the "check_" rulesets won't affect IMP messages--the "check_" rules
are only invoked for SMTP connections).
- Rick Stevens, CTO, PublicHost, Inc.        rstevens@publichost.com -
- 949-743-2010 (Voice)                     http://www.publichost.com -
-      "Doctor!  My brain hurts!"  "It will have to come out!"       -