[imp] Broken MS Outlook Headers

Rich Lafferty rich@horde.org
Fri, 15 Dec 2000 13:12:02 -0500

On Fri, Dec 15, 2000 at 01:01:20PM -0500, Evans, Tim (Tim_Evans@troweprice.com) wrote:
> >That's unfortunate, but I'm not sure what that has to do with IMP.
>
> You replied using 'mutt' (or so the headers on your message say), not IMP.
> My users use IMP 2.2.3, and they get the bounce.

And with IMP. Still no bounce. (Bounces come from mail transports,
anyhow; I wanted to see if your MTA would bounce the message no matter
where it came from.) In any case, it determined that it was something
peculiar to your installation, and...

> I've also just now noted that all double quotes in the *text* of messages
> that are sent via 2.2.3 are backslashed, as in \"this string is inside
> double quotes\".

..here it is! You have one of the magic_quotes PHP configuration
variables turned on; it needs to be off. Bring up horde/test.php3 in a
browser and check to make sure everything there's kosher; the settings
in question will appear at the bottom.

  -Rich

 Sysadmin/Programmer, Instructional and Information Technology Services