undefined function: send()

Craig Zimmerman craigz@internet00.tbwachiat.com
Mon, 18 Dec 2000 18:02:00 -0500

Hi.

Sorry if this is old news, I've scoured the FAQ and list archives but found
only a couple of messages pertaining to this
issue, all of which were either using a php3.x version or were resolved by
adding mailer parameters to the imp
config file.  None has helped.  I've tried to include all info regarding
versions and the like.  Any information
would be greatly apprieciated.

I've got a new install using Qmail as an MTA and Courier as the IMAP
server.

I'm able to check and send mail using an imap client from a remote machine.

Using IMP I can login to the account and check mail and can compose mail,
however I can not send mail.
When I click on 'send message' I get a new window with this error message :

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: send() in
/usr/local/etc/httpd/htdocs/horde/imp/compose.php on line 681

--version and config info--

Horde: 1.3.2-cvs
IMP: 2.3.6-cvs
PHP Version: 4.0.3pl1
PHP configured with ->

'./configure' '--with-mm' '--with-mysql=/usr/local/etc/mysql' '--with-ldap'
'--with-imap=../pine/imap'
'--with-gettext' '--with-db3=/usr/local/BerkeleyDB.3.1'
'--with-apache=../apache'

../horde/imp/config contains the lines:

$conf['mailer']['type'] = 'sendmail';
$conf['mailer']['params'] = array();
$conf['mailer']['params']['sendmail_path'] = '/usr/sbin/sendmail';

Please advise.

-c.