[imp] Home Directory in Mysql

Ryan Butler rbutler@adiis.net
Wed, 20 Dec 2000 09:14:16 -0600

julloa@julloa.dnsalias.org wrote:

> Hello,
> First i appologise for my English.
> I woud like to install IMP on a single machine without user account on
> the system.
> I have seen that it is possible to put in an LDAP server:
> -user login
> -password
> AND home directory
>
> is it possible to do the same thing with Mysql?
>

> Thanks for your help
>
> Johanne ULLOA

Yes this is possible.  I have came across patches to authenticate
against a mysql database for sendmail, qpopper, and uw-imap.

For us I have the user home dirs (for IMAP basically since they can't
login into the shell for our purposes) as /var/imapd/username

But this can be arbitrarily set as one of the fields in the database.

If this is what you are looking for, email me off list and I'll try to
get you the URL's for all the patches.

Ryan Butler
ADI Internet Solutions
rbutler@adiis.net