[imp] Postgres vacuuming

jlewis@lewis.org jlewis@lewis.org
Wed, 20 Dec 2000 23:54:56 -0500 (EST)

On Wed, 20 Dec 2000, Rich Lafferty wrote:

> > I really doubt we have 3802 users actively using IMP right now.  Isn't
> > there a garbage collection routine that's supposed to be killing old
> > sessions?
>
> Yes, there is; but having 3802 open doesn't mean they're not being
> GC'd, depending on how busy your machine is. Take a look at the
> 'changed' field; there's a datestamp in there. Right at this moment,
> the oldest one on our system is 32 hours old.

The oldest sessions seem to be only 24h old if I'm reading the changed
field correctly.  I checked the logs, and we only have about 1000 unique
users logging into IMP per day, with maybe double that number of actual
logins per day.  This confuses me since it seems odd that we'd have more
active sessions <=24h old than successful logins per day.  I must be
missing something.

 Jon Lewis *jlewis@lewis.org*|  I route
 Atlantic Net                |