[imp] Attachment size

Rick Stevens rstevens@publichost.com
Thu, 21 Dec 2000 13:53:45 -0800

javiers@infocentros.org.sv wrote:

> Hi.
>
> Are there an special limit for sending attachments?

On incoming or outgoing messages?  sendmail imposes a limit on the
size of incoming messages.  It's the "MaxMessageSize" parameter in the
"sendmail.cf" file for sendmail V8.7 and higher.  If that parameter
is missing, sendmail defaults to unlimited.  However, most M4 systems
set a default of 1MB.  Check your "/etc/sendmail.cf" file (or wherever
it is) and look for that parameter.  If you see it, change it and
restart sendmail.

- Rick Stevens, CTO, PublicHost, Inc.        rstevens@publichost.com -
- 949-743-2010 (Voice)                     http://www.publichost.com -
-           Give me ambiguity or give me something else!             -