[imp] Attachment size

Alain Fauconnet alain@cscoms.net
Fri, 22 Dec 2000 10:57:12 +0700

javiers@infocentros.org.sv wrote:

> Hi.
>
> Are there an special limit for sending attachments?
>
> I modify the parameters at php.ini but I can not attach any file bigger than
> 1 MB.
>
> I run IMP 2.2.1, horde 1.2.1, php4.
>
> Ideas?

You also have to bump up the memory limit. I use PHP3 and it is the
"php3_memory_limit" parameter in Apache's config file. The syntax probably
varies for PHP4.
In any case, my testings have shown that you need to have memory_limit be *at
least* 2 or 3 times the upload_max_filesize. On one of our IMP boxes, I have had
to bump it up to about 10 times upload_max_filesize for things to work reliably.
I have no clue why. This same parameter also seems to limit the size of
attachments users can view and download.

Cheers,
_Alain_