IMP stays slow with utilizations

Lista IMP imp@help4u.com.br
Wed, 27 Dec 2000 11:45:41 -0200

dear sir,

  i've noted that for new users, my imp is very good and fast, bat when the
size
  of the mailboxes of the users grow up, the program stays very slow to
deal with
  the e-mails.

  i think that this problem happens because the size of the mailboxes grow
up. and

   they are managed by imap that let all the mailboxes in the server and
have to
  download all of then when someone access it.
  (some mailboxes like sent-mail have almost 100Mbytes)

  my question is:
  -is the size of the mailboxes the problem that slow down my connections?
  - if it is the reason, there is a way to me bypass this problem, maybe
changing
  imap by pop3??

  does someone other reported this same problem?

  p.s. my connections are done from inside a LAN (10Mbps)
  the versions of the programs are:
  horde-1.2.2-2cl
  imp-2.2.2-1cl
  my linux is conectiva linux 4.2